1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
Juice and zest of 2 lemons, divided (1/2 used for cake, 1/2 used for frosting)
1 cup fresh or frozen Berrylicious Fruit Farm blueberries.
3/4 cup fresh blueberries for decorating cake (if desired)
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (do not melt butter)
3 cups Icing Sugar
1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Thin lemon slices, for topping
1/3 jar of Berrylicious Fruit Farm Blueberry Jam
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
Grease three 9 inch cake pans and line with parchment or waxed paper Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
Stir in juice and zest of 1 lemon. Stir 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries with flour until blueberries are coated. Fold blueberries into cake batter.
Divide cake batter evenly into three prepared cake pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for 15 minutes, then invert cakes onto a rack or plate and let cool completely.
Beat butter and 3 cups of icing sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
Add remaining half of lemon juice and zest and whipping cream. Beat until combined. Beat in vanilla and salt.
Place first cake on plate and evenly spread blueberry jam and then frosting on cake.
Repeat process with 2nd cake. Place third cake on top and spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Garnish with fresh blueberries, lemon slices etc. Enjoy!!
1/2 cup Butter softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups blueberrries
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh/bottled)
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 9x5 inch loaf plan.
Beat Butter and sugar, just blended.
At medium speed, beat for 5 min. until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
AT low speed, add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
ADD flour mixture and milk mixed until blended.
STIR in blueberries.
Spoon Batter into pan. Bake for 1 hour and 5/10 minutes. Or until toothpick come out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake. Prink top and sides of warm cake all over. Mix together lemon juice and sugar. Brush top and sides of warm cake with glaze. Cool cake. YUM!
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 cup dates finely chopped
3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp Ontario Maple Syrup
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1 tsp citrus zest (orange or lemon)
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until crumble consistency is formed.
Spray baking pan with no stick spray.
Pour 1-2 cups Berrylicious blueberries into bottom of pan
If desired, sprinkle 1- 2 tbsp of white sugar over berries.
Pour topping over blueberries.
Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes until juice is bubbly and topping is Golden.
Enjoy warm or cooled!
2 ripe bananas
(the riper the banana, the sweeter
1/2 cup stirred fruit yogurt
(peach is my favourite)
2 cups frozen Berrylicious
1/2 cup Berrylicious Raspberries
2 Tablespoons honey 1/2 cup apple juice (increase liquid if you prefer your smoothie thinner)
Mix together in blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
Makes 4 servings.
3 1/2 cups elderberries
1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
1 cup of sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup flour
1 Tbsp butter
1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) Combine sugar, salt & flour in bowl
Spread small amount of sugar mixture over crust
3) Next spread berries and sprinkle with lemon juice
4) Spread remaining sugar mixture over berries and dot with butter
5) Top with 2nd pie crust
6) Bake at 400F for 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Enjoy!
1) Thoroughly wash your fresh blueberries.
2) Drain in a colander.
3) Place blueberries in a flexible plastic container — ie old margarine or sour cream container.
4) Freeze in deep freezer.
5) When you need a few blueberries,
you do not need to thaw blueberries.
6) Simply squeeze sides of flexible container and frozen blueberries will separate.
An easy recipe to make a dozen fresh muffins in a rush.
Source: Our Favourite Recipes--Hornby Co-operative Nursery School
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt;
2) Add milk, egg and melted butter to dry ingredients;
3) Stir in blueberries
4) Mix together until dry ingredients are moist, but do not overbeat.
NOTE: batter will be lumpy
5) Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
Bake at 400F for 20-25 minues or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Serve warm.
Quantity: 12 muffins Tips: Recipe can be doubled for 24 muffins
Prepare pie pastry or buy frozen pie pastry — This is a double crust pie.
1/4 cup corn starch
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons Minute Tapioca
bit of butter
1) In a medium bowl, mix together and add to 2 cups of frozen Berrylicious Blueberries or Raspberries.
2) Pour berry mixture into uncooked pie shell.
3) Cover pie with top crust
Bake in oven 1) 450F for 15 minutes to brown pastry 2) Additional 45 minutes at 350F
Tips: 1) The Minute tapiocs nicely thickens berry mixture, and avoids spills in oven.
2) Place a pie ring over the outer edge of the pie after 15 minutes of baking,
so pastry doesn't get too brown.
2 cups of shredded leaf lettuce
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
Add 1 cup of your favourite fresh veggies ie sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, colourful peppers or cheese
Add 1/2 cup of fresh Berrylicious blueberries
1/4 cup croutons
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
1) In a large bowl combine lettuce and fixings
2) Add croutons
3) Add the Homade Balsamic Vinaigrette to salad
Toss salad, and serve immediately for best results.
Tip: Add croutons and Balsamic vinaigrette just before eating salad.
4 cups Blueberreis, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup of orange or fruit juice
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp butter or magarine
1 eggg white
1/4 cup of skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Pre-heat skillet to medium-high
2) Add blueberries, sugar, spices and juice to skillet and cook for 5 minute, or until the blueberries are soft and juicy. Turn off the heat.
3) In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add butter and rub into flour with clean hands.
4) In a small bowl, combine egg white with milk and vanilla. Stir into flour.
5) Drop batter by the spoonful on top of blueberries, but nto too close to the edge of the pan.
6) Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until biscuit topping is cooked through.